ixa-pipe-srl-eu is a semantic role labeling tool for Basque written documents. It is based on machine learning techniques and it is implemented in Perl programming language.
The tool takes a document in NAF
format. This input document should contain lemmas, PoS
tags, morphological annotations and dependency annotations. The
input NAF document containing the necessary linguistic
information could be obtained from the output of the following
ixaKat tools' chain:
ixa-pipe-pos-eu | ixa-pipe-dep-eu
You can download the package that contains the executable file
for latest stable version from the following link:
This tool needs some linguistic resources and you
can download them from the following link:
Source code for the latest development version can be downloaded or cloned from this Github page.
All the original code produced for ixa-pipe-srl-eu is licensed under GPL v3 free license.This software uses a external resource, and it is distributed with the source code. This resource has its own license:installation section). These are those third-party tools and their copyright owners and licenses:
- SVM light: Copyright (C) 2000, Thorsten Joachims. Free for scientific use; the software must not be further distributed without prior permission of the author.
- SVM multiclass: Copyright (C) 2004, Thorsten Joachims. Granted free of charge for non-commercial research and education purposes; the software must not be further distributed without prior permission of the author.
- MEGA Model Optimization Package: Free to anyone to use it in any research.
How to cite
If you use ixa-pipe-srl-eu tool, please cite the following paper in your academic work:
Haritz Salaberri, Olatz Arregi, Beņat Zapirain. bRol: The parser of Syntactic and Semantic Dependencies for Basque.
In Proceedings of Recent Advances in Natural Language Processing (RANLP-2015), Hissar, Bulgaria, pp. 555-562. 2015.
InstallationOnce you download the package that contains the executable file, decompress the file. Afterwards, before starting using the tool, you have to follow the next steps in order to install the necessary resources and dependencies:
- Download the package of the resources from the following link: srl-eu-resources-v1.0.0.tgz
- Decompress the package and copy all the files to the "resources" directory.
- Download and install the SVM light tool. Update the run.sh executable file specifying the path of the installed svm_classify executable in the svmLightExec variable.
- Download and install the SVM multiclass tool. Update the run.sh executable file specifying the path of the installed svm_multiclass_classify executable in the svmMulticlassExec variable.
- Download and install the MEGA Model Optimization tool. Update the run.sh executable file specifying the path of the installed megam_i686.opt executable in the megamOptExec parameter.
Besides, Perl (and some of its libraries) should be installed in your computer.
How to use
The nagusia.pl executable is used to run the ixa-pipe-srl-eu tool. The full command syntax of nagusia.pl is
-d DIR [Required] Specify the path of the directory where this script is placed.
-i ID [Required] A identifier number which is not going to be repeated.
-l SVM_LIGHT_EXECUTABLE [Required] Specify the path to the SVM light executable.
-m SVM_MULTICLASS_EXECUTABLE [Required] Specify the path to the SVM multiclass executable.
-o MEGAM_OPT_EXECUTABLE [Required] Specify the path to the Megam model optimization executable.
A executable run.sh is provided to run the ixa-pipe-srl-eu tool (this script calls to the nagusia.pl script with all the needed arguments explained above). You can use it, but before running it, update the rootDir, svmLightExec, svmMulticlassExec and megamOptExec variables as specified in the installation section.
This tool reads from standard input. It should be UTF-8 encoded NAF format, containing lemmas, PoS tags, morphological annotations and dependency annotations (text, terms and deps elements of NAF). The input NAF document containing the necessary linguistic information could be obtained from the output of the following ixaKat tools' chain:ixa-pipe-pos-eu | ixa-pipe-dep-eu Therefore, you can obtain semantic role labels of a plain text file using the following command (in a single command-line):
<role id="rl1" semRole="ARG2">
Arantxa Otegi, email@example.com